Reliable frost protection for your crops
The AGI Frost Fan provides efficient and reliable frost protection against damage caused by frost in a variety of environments and temperatures. The custom-designed open impeller ensures efficiency in protecting frost prone crops, irrespective of the surrounding landscape. The rotating fan ensures the protection of plants and vines in a greater area with typical coverage ranging from 6 to 9 hectares per fan. The AGI Frost Fan is an attractive and affordable solution for both smaller horticultural crop growers and bigger players
Protect your crops against frost
- Reliable frost protection in a variety of environments and temperatures
- Custom-designed open blade design ensures greater efficiency irrespective of the landscape.
- Rotating fan with adjustable coverage angle provides a tailored area of coverage.
- Unmatched efficiency due to direct driven electrical motor
- Market leader in terms of cost per hectare
Advanced reliable frost protection
AGI Frost Fans are manufactured and supported locally (Wellington, Western Cape) and provide advanced frost protection against the harsh African climate. The operating parameters are flexible and the frost fans are also easily adaptable to other climates.
Reliable frost protection key features
- The fan is electrically driven
- Coverage of 6 to 9 hectares per fan
- Head rotates 360 degrees with an adjustable coverage angle
- Variable speed with programmable parameters to ensure low starting amps
- Light-weight, but durable fan blades
- Auto and remote start (remote start optional package)
- Monopole pivot mechanism for easy installation and maintenance
- Temperature, humidity and wind speed monitoring via smartphone or PC
Low operating and service costs compared to other frost fans
Reliable frost protection model options
AGI Frost Fans are available in 15 or 30kW electrical motor versions, with a tower length of 10m and a coverage range of 6 to 9 hectares per unit. They are manufactured to order and then delivered to site in the modular form before being assembled by our experienced field teams.
We ship through southern Africa and abroad.
Engineered for the future
The electrically-driven motor has a very low noise level compared to diesel and petrol powered fans, allowing for installation where noise pollution and visual impact might restrict the installation.
Reliable frost protection minimal maintenance
AGI Frost Fans require minimal maintenance and they require only annual lubrication and inspection to ensure that the unit continues to function optimally. The annual service is a fraction of the cost compared to petrol and diesel-powered fans.
Reliable frost protection technical features
- Galvanised mild steel monopole, 10m in length
- Pole can be lowered with a pivot mechanism for ease of maintenance
- The pivot feature eliminates costly crane hiring for installation
- Blades are manufactured from lightweight composite material
- Blades are specifically designed for maximum coverage while limiting input power
- Blades are secured with a taper-lock hub
- Unit designed for optimum power to weight ratio with a blade assembly mass of only 45kg
- Motor and blade combination limits noise pollution
Reliable frost protection electrical features
- 15 and 30kW electrical motor-driven fan
- Variable speed drive
- Adjustable fan rotation speed
- Vibration monitor to detect any abnormalities during operation
- Controls housed in a lockable powder-coated steel cabinet
- Customisable incremental rotation control
- LED light to indicate fan direction
- Integrated brake motor to prevent the fan from rotating while not in use
Contact us to find out more about AGI Frost Fans and how we can help you protect your crops against possible frost damage.
If you are looking to broaden the scope of your company or business, drop us a mail at email@example.com for more information on how to become a featured company on our website.