Improve Packhouse Efficiency with Gossamer
Maintaining packhouse efficiency and productivity is the number one priority for fresh produce packers and growers in order to remain competitive. This is especially important during short growing seasons, where an abundance of fresh produce may have to be packed within just a few weeks. Any lost time has a negative effect on overall performance.
Productivity is dependent on a range of factors that can be divided between actual packing line efficiencies and operational ‘downtime’ issues, both of which reduce available packing time and the UPWH (Units packed per worker hour).
Lack of product at the lineThe key factors Gossamer Packaging Equipment can assist with, that affects productivity/efficiency are:
- Lack of product at the line
- Lack of packaging materials at the line
- The efficiency of your product into the packaging materials
- Inline scales to ensure correct weight
- Palletizing of the final product
- Identification and intelligent conveyor systems
Ambrosia Hoedspruit packhouse efficiency
Key Focus Areas for Ambrosia was improving packhouse efficiency and productivity, getting the product into the market faster. Identification and intelligent conveyor systems
Gossamer implemented the following improvements for packhouse efficiency:
- High volume dry bin fillers DBF-C – from sizer to bin (6 tons per hour)
- Pattern Packers PP-300 range – up to 300 cartons per hour (product dependable)
- Bin Tippers DBT – tipping product directly onto accumulation tables to feed the pattern packer.
- Paper Inserter between different layers of fruit PI range
- Streamlining the lay-out and achieving more open floor space for the client
- Packing achieving ±10 000 cartons per day
Gossamer Packaging Machinery
Jeanette van Dyk
Cell: +27 21 851 2464
If you have any questions or want to become a featured company on our website to broaden the scope of your business, please send us a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.