BASSON WORKWEAR: How to on Masks from the Experts
It is important to know in what category your respirator is classified. Here is the 101 of how to use a mask and some important instructions:
– Before entering the contaminated areas where the mask is intended for use, ensure a tight fit and no tears or leakages.
– Wear the mask the entire time when in an exposure.
– Use the respirator in accordance with the applicable health and safety regulations.
– If the respirator is removed in a contaminated area, replace it with a new one immediately.
– How do I know when I must replace my mask? The respirator or mask will ‘clog’ and will cause breathing difficulty or discomfort and the smell or vapours will become detectable to the user.
– If the user experiences dizziness (or other symptoms), leave the area immediately.
– Discard the mask after use. It is for single use only.
– Un-used masks must be stored in a closed items box or respirator bag, in a dry, non-contaminated area, with a temperature of between 2-55’C.
Step by step instruction on how to fit your mask/respirator:
– Cup the mask in your hand, allowing the headbands to hang freely.
– Hold the respirator under your chin with the nose piece facing outwards.
– Place the lower head-band around your neck, below the ears. Holding the respirator against your face with one hand, place the top headband above your ears, around the crown of the head
– Please note Respirators with head-bands only: While maintaining the position of the respirator, adjust the tension by pulling the tab of each head-band.
– Mould the nose area to the shape of the face, running the fingertips of both hands from the top of the nose-piece down both sides while pressing inward.
– IMPORTANT: Check for leak-tightness!!
1. Place both hands over the respirator (mask) and exhale sharply.
2. Positive pressure should be felt inside the mask.
3. If you feel air escaping around the edges, re-adjust the mask by tightening the nose-piece and/or increasing tension of the head-bands.
4. Repeat the procedure until satisfactory face-fit has been achieved.
• Masks with non-adjustable headbands: If you feel that the head-bands are too loose, you can increase tension by tying a small knot in the headband.
Please ensure that respiratory mask to be used provides the necessary level of protection needed (for the correct environment)
We are one of the leading workwear distributors in South Africa, offering a wide range of quality workwear and apparel at affordable prices.
Basson Workwear started off as a small family-owned business in Wellington 14 years ago, since 2006. We distributed protective clothing and footwear in the agriculture sector. As the business grew, we obtained distributorship of all the major workwear brands in South Africa and expanded our product offering to supply a wide variety of sectors. We started off in a small office with two employees. Today we have a team of 30 employees who are committed to excellent customer service. We have worked our way to the top by carefully processing each order we receive to the best of our ability. We are quick thinkers and strategists, and we are willing to walk the extra mile to offer you affordable workwear solutions and excellent service.
What You Can Expect From Us
We will provide you with quality products at affordable prices, carefully selected by our procurement team.
ETHICAL BUSINESS DEALINGS
We believe in conducting ethical business practice according to our Christian values. Honesty and integrity is very important to us, and we treat our customers and employees with dignity.
By choosing us, you will have access to exclusive brands like Dromex, Profit Safety Footwear and Neptun Footwear. We have sole distributorship of some of the most sought after workwear brands in the Western Cape.
ADVICE AND TRAINING
We understand the needs of your business very well. We love suggesting the correct products for your unique workwear needs. We are able to offer application selection and technical back-up for all products we supply.
An expert team will be working on your order. You will be appointed with a selected sales representative and sales assistant that will expertly handle any queries and order requests. They are your point of contact, backed by a large team of managers, buyers and warehouse staff who will diligently to complete your orders. We are committed to going the extra mile for you, and being on time every time.
We are committed to completing orders as fast as possible, and we treat every client as a priority. We believe that our clients have to be updated about the progress of their orders. The biggest frustration for any client is to be uninformed about when they will be getting their goods, and if it will arrive on time. We thus provide an expected delivery date for every order that is placed. We send regular updates as the order progresses, and will notify our clients timeously, should there be any delays.
B-BBEE LEVEL 1
We are Level 1 B-BBEE certified. Improve your B-BBEE score by using us as your preferred procurement partner.
We believe that effective communication is key to the success of any working relationship. We love what we do, and believe in building lasting relationships by delivering excellent service. Any issues you might face will be resolved efficiently, and we will keep you updated on the progress of your orders.
We can offer stock-holding if you are a large company that wants to order from us regularly.
We understand that the PPE market is ever-evolving. We are continually assessing product quality and adding new, innovative products to our wide range.
TEL:021 873 7927
If you have any questions or want to become a featured company on our website to broaden the scope of your business, please send us a mail on email@example.com.