Business Unusual with Mayfield Enterprises
The global pandemic of 2020 has irrevocably changed the landscape of the world. Who would have guessed that an essential worker is a cleaner? Or a truck driver? Not in living memory has the world been forced to assess priorities for survival. And never before has food security carried such critical concern. Despite a global standstill, the business of farming must continue; seasons do not wait for rescue packages and austerity measures. In a world in upheaval agriculture must continue, and continue to feed the world.
The focus on intensification – the process of producing more on existing farmland has placed renewed attention on technology in farming. This is particularly so in the production, supply and application of fertiliser. There are few other interventions that have the potential to improve and increase output. The adoption of the 4R Principles: applying the right nutrient source, at the right rate, right time and right place is the recognised formula to improve production and ensure profitability.
Astonishing fertiliser products have been developed and are in development. These products have been evolved with pharmaceutical precision and some can be applied only once or twice a year which means that timing is no longer critical. However, precise application remains critical in order to ensure the farmer gets the benefit of these sophisticated products – many of which come with a significant price tag.
Products such as the Mayfield Fertiliser Applicators and Dispensers ensure that fertiliser is applied to identified crops using precisely the right nutrient source, at the right rate, right time and right place. This is the recognised winning formula.
The products can be used across row crops, and/or any plants spaced at intervals such as forestry, orchards, etc.
The product is:
- Cost Effective – Manual application allows for optimisation of labour.
- Uniform Application -The Mayfield products reduces human error and ensures uniform and accurate application of fertilizer.
- Soil Compaction – Manual application avoids soil compaction caused by mechanical implements.
- Accessibility – The Mayfield products are not constrained by topography or weather and can play a critical role in fertilization where mechanical application is impossible or impractical.
- Low Depreciation – A minimum upfront investment in durable, rust proof products ensures a long lifetime and return on investment.
- Terrain -The Mayfield products are not constrained by steep or uneven terrain and can therefore be used where mechanical application is impossible
An exciting new development in the Mayfield product line is a dispenser which ensures accurate dispensing of precise measured volumes of fertiliser to the plant. This is an innovation which will bring the 4R principles within reach of all farmers, particularly subsistence and small farmers.
Cell: +27 (0)83 384 4856
If you have any questions or want to become a featured company on our website to broaden the scope of your business, please send us a mail on email@example.com.