ATOA: Innovative transport solutions for the African continent
Specialising in cross-border freight transportation to African countries, African Transport Operations Agency (ATOA) provides expert solutions and services to the trade and transport industry. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, ATOA moves cargo throughout Africa by road, sea, air or multimodal freight.
ATOA operates its own fleet into Angola offering both a Consolidated and Dedicated road freight service, Clearing and Forwarding, Warehousing and local delivery. Their staff are fluent in English and Portuguese and the company has in-depth knowledge of customs policies, administration requirements, route-planning and road conditions in the territory. It has regional offices in Angola, with full customs clearing services at the Santa Clara border post.
In addition, ATOA is a broker for specialist hauliers operating on routes into the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East Africa. To facilitate prompt and efficient border crossings, ATOA agents assist importers with document and customs requirements.
They offer the following road freight services:
- Full load road freight: solutions for breakbulk, project cargo, heavy-duty and oversized freight.
- Dedicated road freight service: door-to-door delivery for smaller loads or transfers for multimodal freight or time-sensitive cargo as well as smaller consignments to destinations ‘off the beaten track’.
- Consolidated road freight service: transport of less container load (LCL) or smaller freight volumes, consolidated at a destination-specific, dedicated warehouse.
ATOA aims to provide tailored, flexible solutions for any freight requirements, including:
- Logistics: specialist logistics services, in partnership with trusted agents and customised to clients’ requirements.
- Risk management: monitored satellite, Global Positioning System (GPS) tracking and, when necessary, agent escort and armed escorts are used to manage risk and ensure the security of any cargo.
- Customs and clearing: ATOA and its partners and agents have proven customs-clearance track records, with a focus on cost and efficiency.