the most efficient means of pest control in Africa
By Ag Aviation Africa
Today the agricultural aircraft is an essential tool in assisting in the production of food, fibre, and biofuels.
The Air Tractor® aircraft platform is the global leader in its class for A) Agricultural Crop Spraying (aerial application of fertilisers, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, growth regulators and seeding applications), B) Firefighting, C) Airborne Geophysics in the Mining sector, D) Forestry Protection, E) Fuel Hauling, F) Oil Spill Disaster Management, G) Pest & Vector, Mosquito and Locust Control via the air.
Without the use of crop protection products, there would be an increase in crop damage caused by insects, weeds, and diseases which would drastically decrease crop yield per hectare, and dramatically increasing the prices for the consumer. Without the use of spraying, it would be impossible for today’s farmers to produce enough supply of agricultural goods needed on the current land available to farm.
An aircraft can accomplish three or four times the amount of work in a day compared to ground support equipment or any other form of application. In other words, this means less fuel used, less pollution and no soil compaction or crop loss resulting from the potential harm that ground equipment might cause to the crop or the land which also results in higher yields for the farmer. So, the farmers are saving money while saving their environment. Overall, aerial application is one of the most effective means as it benefits both farmers and consumers and positively contributes to easing logistical response pressures on farms.
Air Tractor® aircraft can apply crop protection agents on the crop in less than five seconds per hectare. You will not find a more efficient means of pest control on plants in the world, bearing in mind the convenient and efficient way of application, the time involved and the optimised results. Air Tractor® is known for excellent crop coverage, hectare efficiency and fuel economy, making it the most efficient application instrument in the chemical and fertilising field.
- the speed of application(5 Seconds Per Hectare),
- the ability to work unabated in wet soil vs ground machinery,
- zero soil compaction,
- no crop damage or additional disease spreading,
- higher chemical effectivity,
- more uniform spraying patterns,
- no dust problems,
- reduced effect of poor-quality water,
- variable rate technology,
- lowered input costs,
- economic coverage,
- low costs of operations,
- aircraft are easy to maintain,
- aircraft are very manoeuvrable and can accurately hit the target areas.
The Air Tractor product line includes 1500, 1900, 2300, 3000, 3800-litre capacity aeroplanes powered by Pratt & Whitney piston or turbine engines.
The models and configurations are as follows:
- AT-402B – The ideal aircraft for operators looking to migrate to their first turbine ag aircraft, the AT-402B offers the productivity and safety features that Air Tractor is well known for.
- AT-502B – Increased wingspan, power and hopper capacity make the AT-502B the ideal choice for operators who have perhaps outgrown the 402 Air Tractor range.
- AT-502XP – The world’s favourite 500-gallon ag plan has gone one better. The 502XP rises above other 500-gallon aircraft in high/hot conditions. Take off with a full load. All day, every day.
- AT-504 – All the features of the AT-502B plus the added convenience of a full dual seat cockpit with dual controls. An ideal training aircraft.
- AT-602 – For operators who need more capacity than the 502B, but are not needing to move up to 802A at this time, the AT-602 is the perfect fit.
- AT-802A – Being the largest ag aircraft produced in the world, the AT-802A is the ideal solution for the larger professional ag operator. Aircraft in the 802 range may be either single cab or double cab, with an additional seat behind the pilot.
- AT-802AF – Specifically designed & FAA certified for aerial fire fighting. This aircraft incorporates safety features in the design such as excellent visibility, manoeuvrability, slow stall speed and working speed.
- AT-802F Fire Boss – Capable of landing on both water or ground, the amphibious Air Tractor Fire Boss can scoop water and then deliver that load to nearby fires.
- AT-802F Fuel Boss – Transport fuel to remote locations, anywhere. Carry up to 4,000 litres at a time of Avgas, Petrol (Gasoline), heating fuel, diesel or Jet A1 to where you need it most, safely and efficiently. Capable of landing on grass or dirt roads and other unimproved airstrips the rugged Air Tractor FuelBoss is the perfect fuel hauler.
- AT-802U Military Aircraft – The Air Tractor 802U is tough, powerful, cost-efficient and rapidly deployable. It has multi-mission capability and is built to work from dirt airstrips and in rugged environments. Standard features include ballistic glass and cockpit/engine armour, self-sealing fuel tanks and multiple hardpoints.
The Air Tractor® aircraft platform works all over the globe and on every continent. Air Tractor aircraft are built in Olney, Texas, and is fully supported by a global network of full-service dealers and sales representatives. Today, more Air Tractor aircraft are spraying crops than any other brand. The reasons behind this popularity are many, but we sum it up in three words: safety, productivity, value. Then there is Air Tractor’s commitment to making its aircraft better for the pilot, the operator, the farmer, the industry and the environment. Air Tractor® remains the best choice around.
Ag Aviation Africa holds the sole distribution rights for Air Tractor® Aircraft in Africa. We have a history of over 40 years of agricultural aviation experience and over 60 years of general aviation experience in Africa and elsewhere around the world. During our time, we have developed an infrastructure and supplier network that allows us to provide consultancy services, sales, after-sales support and operational assistance to large farms, governments and Air Tractor operator companies. Some large commercially operated farms also run their agricultural aviation operations. We assist with aerial management solutions.
We can send parts, and maintenance technicians anywhere, and we have the resources to assist in long-term aircraft financing, provide outright aircraft purchase options and or leasing models.
We offer the following particular services:
- Agricultural Aviation Consultancy & Turnkey Solutions.
- Air Tractor ® Sales and After Sales Support.
- Aircraft Financing, Leasing & Insurance.
- Aircraft Maintenance Support.
- Pilot and Engineer Training & Placing & conversions.
- Parts Distribution.
- Project identification.
- Civil Aviation Certification and Importation Processing.
- Ground crew training
- Ground rigs (design and manufacture)
Click here to download the AG AVIATION AFRICA brochure.
TEL: + 27 21 300 3270
If you have any questions or want to become a featured company on our website to broaden the scope of your business, please send us a mail on email@example.com.