Agrico SB 1000/1600 Blower Sprayers: Efficient, robust and economical
With over 50 years of experience as a sprayer manufacturer, Agrico has updated it’s range of blower sprayers over the last couple of years. Whereas the product still offer great value and reliability, a number of technical advances were made to set it apart from other sprayers.
The range comprises of 4 models: – the SM 400 and SM 630 mounted sprayers, as well as SB 1000 and SB 1600 drawn models. Most vineyard farmers choose the SB 1000 which has a 1000 litre PE tank and is equipped with a locally assembled, high efficiency 630mm fan that displaces 54 000 m3/h of air. The sprayer comes with a 70 litre/min piston diaphragm pump with 12 adjustable, double sided nozzles. The pump and fan only requires 11 kW. Off course the tractor needs more power and enough traction to pull the load across the terrain.
The SB 1600 has a tank capacity of 1600 litres. On top of this it comes with a dual speed 800mm fan with air flow of up to 68000 m3/h. Further upgrades include a 154 litre/min pump with 18 nozzles. The pump and fan still only requires 20 kW. This sprayer can be used for vineyards or orchards.
Both drawn models offer the following advantages:
- Blade design and -angles have been optimised so that the new fan needs less power and therefore saves fuel. It also runs much quieter.
- The fan is made of a light weight composite and do not require a clutch. Saving time and money when it comes to maintenance.
- The fan assembly is slanted forwards and upwards slightly. This installation angle of the fan prevents vibration, resulting in better life expectancy of the pump, driveline, gearbox and fan. The fan also sucks in less dust and leaves from the ground.
- The driveline is not in a tunnel and therefore easily accessible for maintenance.
- Frames and fans are galvanized, preventing rust.
- Both models offer a short turning radius without the disadvantages of a hinging drawbar or special driveshafts.
- The tank is manufactured of durable polyethylene and the design prevents the pump from sucking air in on slopes.
- Effective agitation is provided in the tank.
- Durable Bertolini piston diaphragm pumps are standard. These can be used with corrosive chemicals as well, as the diaphragms shield the mechanical parts of the pump from the liquid that is pumped.
- A 40 litre clean water / hand wash tank is standard.
- Quick couplings for optional hand lines are standard. It facilitates the use of cleaning guns, under tree sprayers and fire fighting guns. Gearboxes have a neutral position so that the fan remains stationary during such an operation.
- Filters with automatic shut-off valves are used so that the tank does not drain when the filter is cleaned. The sprayer has a separate filling/draining valve.
Agrico and Afgri, in the Western Cape, sell and support the whole range of sprayer products, with an extensive branch network. Many accessories and options, as well as the range of Agrico pressure sprayers, boom sprayers, high pressure cleaners, pumps, spray booms, hand guns etc. are also available.
Tel: 021 950 4111
Mobile: 082 824 1214
If you have any questions or want to become a featured company on our website to broaden the scope of your business, please send us a mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.