Cherry Irrigation specialises in the design and implementation of all types of agricultural irrigation systems. We are an authority on irrigation and climate control systems for the greenhouse market. Based in the Western Cape of South Africa, we proudly serve a variety of businesses, both large and small, across Sub-Saharan Africa.
With over 30 years’ industry experience, we offer a turnkey solution covering all aspects of the project, from the initial consultation through to design, implementation and after-sales support.
Established by Peter Cherry and Andle Boonzaaier, Cherry Irrigation has been operating for over 30 years. Peter’s son, Charles, joined the company in 1992 and is the current owner of the company. Charles has developed the business to the point where it employs over 35 staff and boasts six technical teams.
From open-field irrigation to specialist greenhouse climate control and fertigation solutions, you can rely on us to deliver. We offer consultation, assessment, planning and design, implementation and after-sales support as part of our services.
- Irrigation solutions: Whether open-field or undercover, each application has different requirements and every situation is unique. Our designs are tailor-made to your needs and take into consideration all environmental, geographical and agronomical aspects – ensuring all your plants get the optimum amount of water.
- Fertigation: Feed your plants whilst watering by combining your fertilising needs within your drip irrigation systems. It is the most efficient way to feed and water your crops.
- Climate control: We provide specialist climate control solutions for greenhouses and poly tunnels to guarantee maximum results for your investment.
What sets us apart:
- A turnkey solution: We deliver an end-to-end solution covering all aspects from the initial consultation, through to design, implementation and after-sales customer support.
- Knowledge and experience: We have over 30 years experience in the irrigation industry and a full team of specialists who are more than familiar with the intimate details involved at each stage of the process.
- In-house from start to finish: With all the skills required to deliver a project existing in-house, we have no need to enlist sub-contractors. We are fully responsible for all aspects of every project we take on, without any middle-men slowing down the process.
- Quality: The equipment we install is of an unparalleled standard of excellence and is only sourced from reliable, reputable dealers. We are a SABI (South African Irrigation Institute) registered company member and all our designers are SABI approved. We are also a ISO-9000 registered company. All these factors combine to ensure that only the best possible solutions are delivered to you.
- Focus on environmental sustainability: Minimising our impact on the environment is imperative to us. As far as possible, all our system designs are created with maximum efficiency in mind and include the harvesting of rainwater and the treating and recycling of run-off water.
- Customer satisfaction: This is one of our core values. We pride ourselves in forging strong, long-lasting relationships with all our customers. We recognise that these relationships can only be earned by building trust and demonstrating commitment. We believe meticulous sales and after-sales services are key to securing this.